Wednesday 28 October 2009

The Maps of Stonehouse

I've finally got round to posting up the first idea i had and therefore the first maps i have done of Stonehouse. I decided to use both the pixel image and the original image and on them i mapped the land use. I first divided them up into 4 main land uses: Residential (which is Yellow), Open Green Areas and other Greenary (which are obviously the green areas), Industrial areas (I made these blue) and finally areas that i considered to be waste areas (these are the brown areas). I first designed this on the original map as it was clearer to see. I then copied and pasted the layer of all the shapes and put it onto the pixelated image to compare and as expected the pixels all fit into my shapes. For example all of the green pixels fell under the green shape which was exactly what i was hoping for.
Below are the two maps that i made:



As you can see the 3 types of land use are very clear. Its as if Stonehouse is clearly divided up into these different land use areas because the land uses do not overlap into others at all and are clearly separated. I am hoping to come up with yet another idea which I can post up a bit later.

No comments:

Post a Comment