Friday 29 January 2010

Flash Game Ideas

So ideas then. In my last post I decided something short and sweet was best for the casual gamer but that I also wanted to attempt to make it addictive. I also have to keep to the brief set so it must include a timer or score system and must be influenced by an outside source. The final thing I had to consider was how far my limited flash knowledge could take me.

I first decided that I would use the time of day as my outside data and that the background would change in my game if it was after and before a certain time of day.

My first idea was to make a maze type game where the user would have to guide a circle through a maze. However I decided against this because i figured it would not be that fun to play over and over and also I thought many of my fellow students would do something similar.

The next idea I came up with was one to do with football because EVERYONE loves football! So I first decided a keep ups game however realised that would become too difficult for me to do and so left that asside for a outside of uni project to work on at a later date. Next I thought penalty shootout however again my limited flash skills canceled this out and thus because another out of uni project that i'd like to do. Also i'm english so penalty shootouts are not my speciality.

My final idea, of which I am now going with, is a car game. I will make a simple track of which a car will go around. I will use a timer so the aim of the game is for the user to get around the track as quick as possible. I thought this would become very addictive as the user would think "oh I can beat that time surely!" and thus play again and again. I also knew that my flash skills could make this work. I will have a hit detection so that the user can't cheat. I would like to add an extra element of randomly spawning blocks so the track is different each time however this will be done last as i'm unsure if I could get that to work. My outside element, as stated before, will be the time of day. After say 6.30pm my track will be darker and have floodlights on, hopefully!

So here goes in making my flash game! (I've actually already started it but I want these blog posts to look like they have been done with at least a few days gap.)

No comments:

Post a Comment