Monday 19 April 2010

Processing Sketch - Evaluating

Overall I must say that I am mostly pleased with my sketch. Despite me not having the skill set to write the code for some things I wanted to implement I still managed to get a half decent looking processing sketch.

I am most pleased that I managed to get it to read the XML and then put the data into floats for me to use because this was a part I thought I would struggle with but once I found the correct code this was not that difficult. Another bit I am pleased with is that the balls bounce around all over the stage as originally I struggled to get them to do anything but bounce from the left to the right.

Things I am not too happy about is that I was not able to get the balls to bounce off eachother, it seems that collision detection is more than a bitch in processing than in flash! Also I was a bit upset, but not overly, that I was not able to use XML data to determine how many balls appeared on stage. This was purely because I had no idea what code to write that would achieve this. However I think 8 balls are more than enough for this sketch. Also some may say that its a little bland looking which I can understand as I am not too happy about the white background but there is little I could do really because white truely is the best colour to display things.

So to summarise, I am happy with this because despite enjoying processing I did find some parts difficult and also was not able to get some parts of my idea to work. But overall I am pleased with my sketch and I believe that it is far more interesting to look at than the ArchOS feed!

No comments:

Post a Comment