Thursday 15 April 2010

Processing Sketch - The Start

I have chosen to go with the bouncing balls idea and have just started work on it today. First off I have written my code that will read the XML data I will need and the setup.

import processing.xml.*;

XMLElement xml;
XMLElement[] title;
XMLElement[] pubDate;
XMLElement[] description;

void setup()
{
size(500,500);
background(255);
smooth();
frameRate(60);
String url = "http://arch-os.scce.plymouth.ac.uk/bms_data.rss";
XMLElement xml = new XMLElement(this, url);
title = xml.getChildren("channel/item/title");
pubDate = xml.getChildren("channel/item/pubDate");
description = xml.getChildren("channel/item/description");


And thats all for today folks. In the next view posts I will describe the process in making my sketch.

No comments:

Post a Comment