Monday 2 November 2009

Website Part I: The Design

So today I thought I would upload the design I have created for my website.
Here it is below, please click for a larger version.


If you haven't caught on yet my favourite colour is green hence why my website is green. I chose the colour scheme of white and green because I feel these 2 colours go well together (and they are also the colours of my beloved Argyle ;)).I also like curved corners because I think they look cool so thats why my website (and this blog) have curved edges. At the moment i'm not sure how I will make my website have curved corners but I am sure I will be able to get them to work after I mess around with the CSS.
I wanted to have a navigation bar at the top of my website because I think this is the best layout to have because the user can clearly see it and it doesn't restrict the left hand margin of my website. The buttons on my nav-bar will have a rollover because I think it looks cool and also shows off the skill I have to make rollovers work :P. To show what the buttons will look like when the mouse is over them I made one of the buttons on my design the colour the button will go. I was hoping to have a drop down menu but I had no idea what would go on each menu so I decided against it. I may go back to this at some point.
Right, the banner. I will make this in Adobe Photoshop and hopefully I will be able to display this on the website. It will be a very basic banner with probably just my name on it and featuring the chosen colour scheme of green and white. Also underneath this I want to display the name of the page the user is on so they are never lost!
So thats it, my current website design, it will no doubt change over the course of making the website but if you follow the blog you will stay up to date ;). And with that shameless promotion of my blog I will bid you good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment