Wednesday 18 November 2009

Website Part II: It has all began

I actually made a start on my website a long time ago but I am still yet to get used to this "blog everytime you do something" thing. But tonight I figured I really should blog what I have done so far and what I have achieved recently.
So a couple of weeks ago I made the basic backbone of my website. I created a menu system with mouseovers and sorted out the main colour scheme for my website. If you check the first website related post you will see my original design and I pretty much stuck to that for this first part. I also attempted curved corners but I failed pretty badly. Since, at the time of writing, I am yet to upload what I have done recently you can still see the very first steps my website has taken on the URL Here.
So on to what I have done recently. After some advice from Chris I managed to tame curved corners and they now feature on my website which pleased me greatly as I really do hate square corners, they're too sharp.
I also implemented an idea that I came up with recently which was to use javascript to make an alert box appear when someone clicked on my blog link. This alert box would warn the user that they are moving away from my webpage. This is mainly so that the user knows it is going to happen and they can stop it if they want to rather then being taken straight to the blog without any clue what is going to happen.
I also made a start on my form validation which I must say did not start well but I am hoping I will be finally completing this very soon.
The future plans for my website are to obviously put content onto it. I would also like to implement a sort of gallery for images rather then just plastering them all over a page. I do want to add some facebook stuff too however this will most likely be the most basic available because I struggled with the more complicated stuff in the practical.

Anyway time for bed, the next post will most likely be a progress update on how tomorrows work goes. Heres hoping it's all good :).

No comments:

Post a Comment